Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Zucchini Bread - fresh out of the garden!

So I guess that once you have a garden, you kinda become domesticated and figure out what to use all your vegetables that your gathering for other fun things to eat other then just straight out of the garden.  Last night I canned some pickles, post to follow this one, and then today I made Zucchini bread.  My Grandma Wagner gave me this recipe and I've had it before and it's just wonderful! 

Zucchini Bread

3 eggs, 2 cups sugar, 1 cup oil, 2 cups grated Zucchini (with peels), 3 teaspoons vanilla, 3 cups flour, 1 tsp. salt, 1 tsp. soda, 1/4 tsp. baking powder, 2 tsp. cinnamon, 1 cup chopped nuts.

Beat eggs until foamy.
 Fresh Eggs from our chicken
Add sugar, oil, Zucchini & vanilla. Mix lightly, but mix well. 

In other pan, mix flour, salt, soda, baking powder, cinnamon. 


Stir gently into first mixture and add nuts.


Grease and flour pans. Makes 2 loaves.


Bake at 350 degrees , 1 hr. I find it usually takes longer then that. Put a knife into it to check if its done.

I did omit the nuts because I am not a big fan of them in my food, so I'm sure if you like them, that added goodness will taste great!  



I'll have to report to you what the finished picture looks like later on.  It's in the oven cooking right now and smells wonderful! I'll be taking a loaf to our annual family camping trip this weekend so everyone can have some!  I still have about 4 big zucchinis left, can't wait to see what else I can make! Someone mentioned Chocolate Chip Muffins made with Zucchini too!

EDIT:  This is what the final product looks like!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment